Table of Contents
- 1 Turn Tracking Protection on or off
- 2 Turn Tracking Protection off for specific websites only
- 3 See what trackers are being blocked
- 4 Temporarily disable Tracking Protection for a website
Turn Tracking Protection on or offEnhanced Tracking Protection is on by default for additional privacy. To turn it off for all websites:
Tap the menu button at the bottom of the screen (the menu will be at the top right if you're using an iPad):
- Tap Settings in the menu panel.
- Tap Tracking Protection.
- Slide the switch next Enhanced Tracking Protection to turn it on or off.
- If turning it on, choose the level of protection you want:
- Standard: protects you from social media trackers, cross-site trackers, cryptominers and fingerprinters.
- Strict: this includes the Standard level of protection and also stops known tracking content such as videos, ads and other content that contain tracking code. Pages load faster but this setting can also block some website functionality. If this happens see below to turn off Tracking Protection for a specific site.
Turn Tracking Protection off for specific websites only
By tapping the shield icon you can see how many trackers a website has, and choose to disable Enhanced Tracking Protection for specific websites only.
- Tap the shield iconon the URL bar.
- The panel will open to show you what trackers are blocked, as well as options to turn protection on or off.
- Tap the switch next to Enabled for this site to switch it off or turn it on. Blue means it's enabled.
See what trackers are being blocked
- Tap the shield icon on the address bar. A panel will show you the types of trackers on that page.
- Tap a type of tracker to see exactly what trackers are being blocked.
Temporarily disable Tracking Protection for a website
If you having problems with a site loading, you can quickly and temporarily disable Enhanced Tracking Protection for the current tab by long-pressing the refresh button, then tapping Reload without Tracking Protection.