Port of Entry Canada
Road/ Highway Province/
Territory United States
Port of Entry United States
Road/ Highway State Notes Photo Coordinates Boundary Bay 67 Street British Columbia Point Roberts Meadow Lane Washington A former border crossing used to be located on the eastern side of the peninsula. The crossing was permanently closed in 1975 when the Tyee Road border crossing was expanded. The former Canada border station remains and has been refurbished.Chopaka West Chopaka Road British Columbia Nighthawk West Chopaka Road Washington Canada periodically provided border services at this crossing on Chopaka Road on the foothills west of the Similkameen River until the US barricaded the road in 1964. The Canadian government still owns the property at the border. A branch of the Great Northern Railway once crossed the border at this location, but was abandoned in the late 1930s. The US stopped providing border inspections at this location around the time the railway ceased operations. Bridesville Old Molson Road British Columbia Molson Old Railroad Road Washington Molson died a slow death as its mining and farming businesses dried up in the 1920s, and the Canadian National Railway abandoned its line at this crossing in 1936. Molson's designation as a port of entry was revoked in 1941, and the Customs and Immigration station in the town closed. This building still stands as part of the Molson Museums, showing elements of what is now a ghost town.Myncaster Myncaster Road British Columbia Chesaw Bolster Road Washington The Canada port of entry supported both road and rail traffic, however, traffic on Bolster Road was light and the railroad ceased operations in 1937. Canada closed its port of entry closed that year, and the US ended its customs services around 1955. The border crossing opened again for one day on June 9, 1990.Newgate Dorr Road British Columbia Gateway Montana The border crossing at Gateway, Montana was located on the eastern banks of the Kootenay River approximately 5 miles west of the Roosville border crossing. Customs operations began around 1902 to inspect both vessel traffic on the lake and rail traffic on the adjacent Great Northern Railway branch. The US closed its Customs office in 1933 when rail service ended, with officers being relocated to the busier Roosville crossing. The railroad tracks were removed in 1936, and the US Post Office closed in 1950. Canada closed its Customs office in 1939. What was left of the town was inundated by water in 1975 with the completion of the Libby Dam which created Lake Koocanusa . Flathead Flathead Rd British Columbia Trailcreek North Fork Rd Montana Border crossing adjacent to the Flathead River was established by Canada in 1914. In the 1970s, both the US and Canada constructed new border facilities to accommodate more regular recreation traffic. The crossing closed in 1996 due to flooding of the road just north of the border. The road is gated at the border. Both the US and Canada border stations remain but are falling into disrepair.Whiskey Gap Emigrant Gap Road Alberta Emigrant Gap Emigrant Gap Road Montana The Canadian port was originally called Fareham. It opened in 1932, but closed in 1939 when the highway through Del Bonita opened. It was once a favorite place to smuggle alcohol from the US into Alberta during its period of prohibition from 1916-1923, then from Canada during the US prohibition , which ended in 1933. Pinhorn Township Road 12 Alberta Laird Laird Road Montana Canadian port of entry opened in 1913, and closed in 1929. Customs staff moved the office to Aden, Alberta without authorization, but Canada Customs decided that was a better location anyway. Big Beaver Hwy 34 Saskatchewan Whitetail MT 511 Montana The Big Beaver - Whitetail border crossing was established in 1951, and traffic was never extensive here. In 2009, the US was planning to use Recovery Act funds to upgrade its Whitetail border station; however at the same time, Canada was planning to close the Big Beaver border station. CNN ran a story on how wasteful it would be to spend millions at this crossing. The reporter sat in the middle of the empty roadway during the report. Canada permanently closed this crossing on April 1, 2011, making it a southbound-only crossing. The U.S. port of entry closed on January 26, 2013. Canada demolished the Big Beaver border station soon after it was closed. The US border station remains, but the roadway has been barricaded.Beaubier Saskatchewan Highway 707 Saskatchewan Westby North Westby Road Montana The port of Westby, Montana was established in 1919, and was revoked by Executive Order 9382 on September 23, 1943. Shortly before being designated a port of entry, the town of Westby moved a short distance from North Dakota into Montana to be closer to a new rail spur, and to be in a state that permitted the sale of alcohol. Northgate Hwy 9 Saskatchewan Northgate ND 8 North Dakota This border crossing was established in 1913 to serve both highway and rail traffic. The US and Canadian Ports of Entry were abandoned when the highway was rebuilt about a half mile west of town in 1962. The former US border station was demolished in 2015, and the border community is a virtual ghost town. The building that once served as the Canadian border station remains.Emerson West 5th Street Manitoba Pembina US 81 North Dakota This crossing on the Meridian Highway , whose other end was at the Mexico–United States border in Laredo, Texas , was moderately trafficked through the 1950s, but it was closed in 1964 when Interstate 29 and Manitoba Highway 29 were built immediately to the west. The Canadian and US border stations were demolished, but the concrete slabs on which they stood remain. All road traffic must now use the Pembina–Emerson Border Crossing .Emerson East PTH 75 Manitoba Noyes US 75 Minnesota Throughout the early 20th century, this was among the busiest U.S.-Canada border crossings. It was the point at which the Jefferson Highway intersected the international boundary and for a few years was adorned with an elaborate archway. Traffic waned with the 1964 opening of Interstate 29 two miles to the west. The crossing was closed by Canada in 2003 (where traffic was permitted southbound only) and then by the U.S. in 2006. All road traffic must now use the Pembina–Emerson Border Crossing .Pigeon River Old Border Rd (formerly Ontario Highway 61 ) Ontario Pigeon River County Route 89 (formerly MN 1 and US 61 ) Minnesota Formerly called Sextus City. The Outlaw Bridge as it was known, was built in 1917. It was closed in 1961 when a new bridge and border station were built in Grand Portage, Minnesota about 6 miles to the east. The old bridge, store, hotel and both border stations have all been demolished.Niagara Falls River Road Ontario Niagara Falls Niagara Street New York The Honeymoon Bridge collapsed on January 27, 1938 after an ice jam undermined the structure. A new bridge named the Rainbow Bridge was built a short to the north and new border inspection facilities were built on both sides.Queenston Niagara Regional Road 81 Ontario Lewiston Robert Moses State Parkway New York The Queenston-Lewiston suspension bridge was replaced by the transverse-named Lewiston–Queenston Bridge in 1962, which was built about 0.7 miles (1.1 km) to the south. The bridge had a single line trolley track of the Niagara Gorge Railroad in the center of 3 lanes. The US inspection plaza has been transformed into the Earl W. Brydges Artpark State Park .
Cornwall Highway 138 Ontario Massena NY 37 New York The Canadian port of entry on Cornwall Island was closed June 1, 2009, due to a disagreement between the Mohawk Nation of Akwesasne and the Canada Border Services Agency regarding the arming of border services officers. A temporary port of entry was opened July 13, 2009, at the north end of the Seaway International Bridge north (high) span; it was used until the current "interim" port of entry was opened January 24, 2014. The old border station on Cornwall Island was demolished in July 2015.Jamieson's Line Chemin Jamieson Quebec Jamieson Line County Road 29 New York The Canadian port of entry was permanently closed on April 1, 2011. For three years, this was a one-way crossing, with travelers able to enter the U.S. but not Canada at this location. Finally, the U.S. port of entry closed August 21, 2014.Saint-Bernard-de-Lacolle, Quebec Rang Roxham Quebec Mooers Roxham Road New York The Canadian port of entry operated until the late 1950s and the building is now a private residence. The US never had a border station at this location. This crossing has been barricaded since the 1970s.Blackpool Chemin Ridge Quebec Champlain US 9 New York The border crossing on US Route 9 closed in 1967 when Interstate 87 was completed immediately to the west. The last border station at this crossing was built in 1950 and was demolished soon after it closed in 1967.Saint-Bernard-de-Lacolle Route 217 Quebec Champlain Meridian Road New York Port of entry on Meridian Road was closed around 1950. The Canada border station was demolished. The USDA has since used the old US border station as an office, and it is currently for sale.Highwater Chemin Lafond Quebec North Troy Space Research Corporation Road Vermont In the 1960s and 1970s, Space Research Corporation founder Gerald Bull built his company on property his family owned on both sides of the border. As the company began building military weapons, the US established a border inspection station outside the company's south gate to inspect southbound traffic. This station also enabled US workers to legally return home after work without having to go through the North Troy border crossing, and it was not for use by the general public. Canada did not have a border station on the company's north gate. The SRC facility (and the Customs station) closed in 1980 when Bull was convicted of violating an arms embargo against South Africa . Bull was assassinated in 1990. Mansonville Chemin du Pont-Couvert Quebec North Troy Douglas Road Vermont Also known as "Province Hill", Canada Customs closed this office around 1972. The building is now purple and privately owned, but in the 1980s it was rented as a vacation home. Prior to its construction in the 1960s, Canada Customs operated out of a line house across the street. This building was separated, moved about a half mile North and used as cottages. The US did not have a border station at this crossing; persons entering were expected to travel to the North Troy border station for inspection.Leadville Chemin des Parulines Quebec Newport Leadville Road Vermont Canada Customs had a station from the mid-1930s to 1939, then reopened in 1948. It was replaced with a new border station in the mid-1950s, which permanently closed on March 31, 1969. The Canada border station was converted into a private home that has been updated substantially. There was no US border station at this location; persons entering the US here were expected to travel to the US Customs office at 70 Main Street, Newport, VT to report for inspection. That office closed in 1972, and the road was barricaded. Today the former US Customs office is home to Northeast Kingdom Community Action .Leadville Chemin de Leadville Quebec Newport Lake Road Vermont Although this was a busy road with many lakeside homes, neither the US or Canada had a border station here. Persons entering the US here were expected to travel to the US Customs office at 70 Main Street, Newport, VT to report for inspection. That office closed in 1972, and the road was barricaded at the border at that time.Lineboro Chemin de Nord Derby Quebec North Derby North Derby Road Vermont Canada provided Customs service at this road and rail crossing 1932-1937 and 1949-1953. The U.S. never had Customs services here. Persons entering the US at this location were expected to travel to the US Customs office at 70 Main Street, Newport, VT to report for inspection. That office closed in 1972, and the road was barricaded at the border at that time. Today the Canada border station is a private home.Stanhope Rue Principale Quebec Norton Nelson Road Vermont Historically, signs directed travelers to report directly to the staffed Stanhope-Norton border station. It has been barricaded since 2015. This crossing is the site of an international general store and post office, which closed around 2002.Daaquam Rang Sainte-Marie Quebec Daaquam American Realty Road Maine Crossing which mostly served the logging industry closed in 2004 when regular customs service was moved to St. Juste. The road is now barricaded.
Grand Falls Caswell Road New Brunswick Caswell (unnamed road) Maine The US operated a border inspection station between 1936 and 1953. The General Services Administration purchased approximately a half acre of land in 1931, and constructed a red brick border station. The property was sold by the US government on October 13, 1954, and although the sale included the brick building, it has since been demolished. The parcel, and the road leading to the border from Route 1A are now private property. It is not known if Canada had a border station on Caswell Road. Four Falls Brown Road New Brunswick East Road Russell Road Maine Canada still provides Customs services seasonally, but US-bound traffic is prohibited, and has been since the US border station closed in the 1960s. However until 2008, US-bound traffic was permitted to use the road to the Aroostook Valley Country Club , which is in both countries. Several Canadian properties can only be accessed via the US part of the road, which pre-dates the establishment of the border; several residents have experienced harassment from U.S. Border Patrol officers since 9-11 .Tinker Tinker Road New Brunswick Fort Fairfield Aroostook Falls Road Maine The US operated a border station at this crossing from 1941 to 1953. It was located about 500 feet west of the Canada–US border , with a private home standing between it and the border. The General Services Administration purchased the property for the border station on May 20, 1940, and placed a portable building on the property. GSA removed the building and sold the property on October 21, 1955. In 1970, The Canadian Magazine declared this crossing "The best place to sneak across the border". The road was barricaded around 1976. The Aroostook River flood of 1994 killed 2 Canadian Customs officers whose vehicle was swept into a ditch by rising flood waters at this crossing. Hillandale Reid Road New Brunswick Monson Hill Dorsey Road Maine This crossing closed in the 1940s. Aside from some light fixtures, no signs of the border crossing remains. Beaconsfield Nicholson Road New Brunswick Easton Curtis Road Maine Canada stopped providing Customs services in the late 1950s and erected a sign directing travelers to the nearest open crossing. The US moved its border services to the Rivière de Chute crossing from a more central location on Ladner Road. The crossing was barricaded in the 1980s.Listerville Mars Hill Road New Brunswick Mars Hill Knoxford Line Road Maine Border inspection services were established in 1939, and closed in 1976. The US crossing was also known as Knoxford Line and was housed in a temporary trailer. The General Services Administration deemed the US border station property to be excess on November 3, 1977, and it was subsequently sold. The Canada border station has been renovated and today it serves as a private home.Upper Royalton Brown Road New Brunswick Blaine Brown Road Maine This crossing was generally known as "Brown Road" on both sides of the border. The US border station was housed in a temporary trailer. It existed for only a few years, from 1941 to 1952. The US sold the 1 acre border station site on May 22, 1953.Jackson Falls Foxcroft Road New Brunswick Littleton Foxcroft Road Maine This crossing, known as "Starkey Corners" opened in 1936, and was permanently closed on May 19, 1962. The General Services Administration purchased the US border station property on May 20, 1932, and sold it (building included) on January 26, 1966. The US border station is now a private home. The Canadian station was demolished in the late 1960s.Woodstock Old Houlton Road New Brunswick Houlton US 2 Maine Prior to the 1950s, the Canadian road to this crossing traversed a steep hill at the border, which caused problems for winter travelers. Around 1952, Canada excavated much of the hill and built a new inspection plaza on relatively level ground. This border crossing was closed in 1985 when Interstate 95 was completed immediately to the north. The Canada border station, which was sometimes called Richmond Road, was demolished. The US border station remains in disrepair.Union Corner Green Road New Brunswick East Hodgdon Boundary Line Road Maine This border crossing, known as "Union Corner", was permanently closed on May 19, 1962. The General Services Administration sold the US border station on August 16, 1965, and it has since been used as a private home. The Canadian station was torn down in the late 1960s.Monument Amity Road New Brunswick North Amity Monument Road Maine The US purchased 12,580 square feet of land on the south side of Monument Road on May 25, 1932 and spent $5,625 to erect a red brick border station, which saw little traffic. This crossing was about 2000 feet north of Monument #1, which marks the beginning of the land border between the US and Canada. On February 19, 1949, the US sold the property and the border station. The building has since been demolished. Upper Mills Route 170 New Brunswick Baring Front Street Maine This crossing closed in 1948 when the bridge was deemed unsafe. It was dismantled soon thereafter. The US did not have a Customs station at this crossing. St. Stephen Route 170 New Brunswick Calais Todd Street Maine This crossing, also known as "Union Bridge", closed in 1961 when the bridge was deemed unsafe. It was dismantled in April, 1963, and two men drowned in the process. The US border station property was sold on May 14, 1962, and still stands as a private residence.