The MeWe Privacy Bill of Rights includes the following points:
- You own your personal information & content. It is explicitly not ours.
- You never receive targeted third-party advertisements or targeted third-party content. We think that's creepy.
- You have full control over your newsfeed and the order of how posts appear.
- We do not manipulate, filter, or change the order of your newsfeeds. Only you can do that.
- Permissions & privacy are your rights. You control them.
- You control who can access your content.
- You can opt out of our member directory to protect your privacy.
- We do not sell your personal information to anyone.
- Your face is your business. We do not use facial recognition technology.
- You have the right to delete your account and take your content with you at any time.
Weinstein gave a TEDx Talk earlier in the year describing what he called the "surveillance capitalism" business model of current mainstream social media platforms. MeWe vows to abide by no commercial or political bias. It features no ads, no newsfeed manipulation and no monitoring of user feeds. Member data is not for sale to advertisers, marketers or politicians.
According to the platform’s in-house analysis, MeWe has 8 million members now and looks to have 40 million by the end of 2020.