The threats of digital transformation affect public safety, privacy and economic stability. To guarantee a good prevention and answer is key so that the citizens feel safe. In this context, the demand of cybersecurity experts is upward and, according to the Center for the Cybersecurity and the Information, a non-profit North American foundation, will generate 350,000 workplaces in Europe by 2022.
Nowadays, in a market where specialists in digital security are missing, most organizations use internal staff, who often have not passed through a transformation that allow them to know the area deeply. In Europe - region where more cybersecurity experts are demanded- the 48% of the companies assure they cannot cover their needs. Also from the public administrations have admitted the need to foster this productive network in order to protect national and citizens security.
Aware of it, Generalitat has promoted this 2017 the STEMCAT plan , which intends to foster scientific and technological vocations to the schools and to institutes. The measures aim to help teachers to improve the education of these disciplines, as well as breaking down prejudices and get implication from companies. Agència de Ciberseguretat de Catalunya also contributes to it with Internet Segura program , organizing activities focused to this goal, as the laboratory of cybersecurity in the Barcelona YoMo or the activities developed during 'Festa dels Súpers'.
Catalonia has several study options in 2017. There are courses, Superior Degrees, postgraduate courses and masters specialized in digital security:
- Màster en Seguretat de la Informació Empresarial, OBS Business School, Barcelona
- Màster en Ciberdelinqüència, Universitat Internacional de Catalunya (UIC), Barcelona
- Màster Universitari en Seguretat de les Tecnologies de la Informació i de les Comunicacions, Universitat Oberta de Catalunya (UOC), Barcelona
- Màster en Cybersecurity Management, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC), Barcelona
- Màster en Ciberseguretat, Universitat Ramon Llull-La Salle, Barcelona
- Màster Universitari en Enginyeria Informàtica: Seguretat Informàtica i Sistemes Intel·ligents, Universitat Rovira i Virgili (URV), Tarragona