This release fixes many security vulnerabilities . You should upgrade as soon as possible.
- Known issues
- Get Tails 3.14
- What's coming up?
Upgrades and changes
- Update Linux to 4.19.37 and most firmware packages. This should improve the support for newer hardware (graphics, Wi-Fi, etc.).
- Enable all available mitigations for the MDS (Microarchitectural Data Sampling) attacks and disable SMT (simultaneous multithreading) on all vulnerable processors to fix the RIDL, Fallout and ZombieLoad security vulnerabilities.
- Update Tor Browser to 8.5.
Remove the following applications:
You can install these applications again using the Additional Software feature.Thanks to the removal of these less popular applications 3.14 and the removal of some language packs in 3.13.2, Tails 3.14 is 39 MB smaller than 3.13.
Tails 3.12.1 is out
- Add back the OpenPGP Applet and Pidgin notification icons to the top navigation bar.
Fix NoScript being deactivated when restarting Tor Browser.
For more details, read our changelog.
Tails fails to start a second time on some computers (#16389 )On some computers, after installing Tails to a USB stick, Tails starts a first time but fails to start a second time. In some cases, only BIOS (Legacy) was affected and the USB stick was not listed in the Boot Menu.
We are still investigating the issue, so if it happens to you, please report your findings by email to [email protected] . Mention the model of the computer and the USB stick. This mailing list is archived publicly.
Tails 3.12 is out
To fix this issue:
Reinstall your USB stick using the same installation method.
- Start Tails for the first time and set up an administration password .
- Choose Applications ▸ System Tools ▸ Root Terminal to open a Root Terminal.
Execute the following command:
sgdisk --recompute-chs /dev/bilibop
You can also test an experimental image:
Download the .img file from our development server.
Install it using the same installation methods.
We don't provide any OpenPGP signature or other verification technique for this test image. Please only use it for testing.
See the list of long-standing issues .
Get Tails 3.14
To upgrade your Tails USB stick and keep your persistent storage
Automatic upgrades are available from 3.12, 3.12.1, 3.13, 3.13.1, and 3.13.2 to 3.14.
If you cannot do an automatic upgrade or if Tails fails to start after an automatic upgrade, please try to do a manual upgrade .
Tails - Tails 3.13.2 is out
To install Tails on a new USB stick
Follow our installation instructions:
- Install from Windows
- Install from macOS
- Install from Linux
All the data on this USB stick will be lost.
To download only
If you don't need installation or upgrade instructions, you can directly download Tails 3.14:
- For USB sticks (USB image)
- For DVDs and virtual machines (ISO image)
What's coming up?
Tails 3.15 is scheduled for July 9.
Have a look at our roadmap to see where we are heading to.
We need your help and there are many ways to contribute to Tails (donating is only one of them). Come talk to us !
Call for testing: 3.12~rc1